Cambridge Academic Manuscripts
… Your paper edited by a Cambridge Professor
How we edit papers
Cambridge Academic Manuscripts edits journal manuscripts and other documents (in English) for the bioscience community. After editing by CAM, your paper should not be rejected because of the quality of the English language. Follow this link for an example of an edited paragraph or click on the image below.
For a document of average length, we aim to return the edited paper within 7 business days (i.e. excluding weekends, personal holidays and public holidays), and we are usually faster than this.
Clients should note:
- • we will not rewrite your paper, but might suggest alternative text to improve clarity;
- • authors are responsible for the accuracy of the text, literature citations and presentation of results;
- • we can edit part of the manuscript if requested, but normally would not edit reference lists;
- • authors are responsible for ensuring manuscripts conform to journal style;
- • if we cannot understand the text, we cannot edit it.
Manuscripts will be handled in confidence and files will be deleted if a quote is not accepted. We will archive edited manuscripts after 6 months and delete files after a further 12 months.
Please prepare your manuscript as follows:
- • Microsoft Word or Apple Pages format;
- • A4 page size and all margins set at 2.54 cm;
- • double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 pt font.
This is the format we will use to determine the cost of editing.
An editorial certificate, confirming the manuscript has been edited by a native English speaker, can be provided for a small additional fee.
© Cambridge Academic Manuscripts 2022